WINDOWS® / Desktop Support Specialist
TARC Technology Solutions, a leading provider of managed IT services and cloud computing solutions to small businesses is seeking talented full-time employees to join our team. These people must be detail-oriented, have strong communication skills, and be an active team member.
Skills needed to master this position include the ability to coordinate and interface with our clients and aggressively follow up on details. We need professionals who can perform independently, as well as work within a team environment. This is a key position in our growing IT department.
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for customer-facing desktop support, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
Customer Service is the highest priority. Candidates must be compassionate and understanding when dealing with customers. They must have great listening and communications skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate MUST have at least 3 years experience supporting Windows desktops in a corporate environment. We are seeking someone who is at least an intermediate level Windows Desktop Administrator preferably with a Microsoft certification.
Expertise in the following areas is essential to succeed in this position:
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research and document questions using available information resources
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Monitor service desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software and CRM tools
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new client employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assist and train new users with our computer environment
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
This position requires strong communication, troubleshooting, and execution skills. This position requires commuting to multiple client locations in the Greater Austin Area.
To be considered for this position, please fill out the form below and be sure to include:
- Your resume, and
- A cover letter stating your salary requirements and why we should hire you.
Job type: Full-time position with benefits and stock options are available to the right candidate
- High School Diploma/GED required
- BA/BS degree or Associates preferred